Look who's back with another West Elm knockoff.  Does it seem like I'm a little obsessed with the store?  Maybe a little.  I love their modern edge, bright colors, and super fun accessories.  I've seen these spheres around the web and some more versions in home decor stores.  This calls for a (drumroll)...DIY!  dun dun dun dun!


Here are the ones from West Elm.


To make my sphere I bought two 6 inch embroidery hoops.  There are two pieces to each hoop so I had four pieces total.


I took them apart and put them inside one another until they looked like this.


To keep them together, I matched up the metals parts and screwed them together.


I gave them a coat of red paint for contrast.  I was going to stain them brown but figured I already had a lot of dark wood.  The red pops off the console and looks good next to the blue lamp.




The red looks a little washed out in this picture but doesn't look that way in person.  weird



So there you have my version.  I looked online and they aren't available anymore from West Elm.  There's always more when it's DIY.  Yeah baby!

 

Sharing with
House of Hepworths * Bear Rabbit Bear * A Glimpse Inside * Delightful Order * Fireflies and Jellybeans * Momnivore's Dilemma * No Minimalist Here * The Shabby Creek Cottage * Somewhat Simple * The 36th Avenue * Happy Hour Projects * Sassy Sites * The Shabby Nest * Chic on a Shoestring Decorating * Five Days Five Ways * It's Overflowing * Classy Clutter * Tatertots and Jello * Making the World Cuter * DIY Showoff * It's So Very Cheri * I Heart Naptime * How to Nest for Less * Chef in Training * A Bowl Full of Lemons * Not Just a Housewife * My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia * Crafty Confessions * Home Stories A to Z * Tip Junkie * The Gunny Sack * DIY by Design * Savvy Southern Style * Clean and Scentsible * Today's Creative Blog * Domestically Speaking * Ginger Snap Crafts * Southern Lovely * House of Hepworths * 2805 * Thrifty Decor Chick * It All Started With Paint * East Coast Creative *

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top