A couple years ago, I made a command center on the inside of one of my pantry doors.  Let's say that system didn't last very long.  Someone slammed the doors shut and down crashed the frames.  So for the last two years, the command strips were still on the door, reminding me of what was once there.

I wanted to change that.  Everyone was always asking what's for dinner.  I got tired of answering the question night after night.  I had a new can of chalkboard paint in the closet and decided it was time to put it to use.  I removed the command strips and got to work.

I first taped off the area I wanted to be my chalkboard.


I rolled on a layer of paint with a small foam roller.  I bought a small kit from the store that came with a small roller and disposable tray.  This is after one coat.  I used two coats.


Per instructions on the can, you need to wait three days before writing on it.  That was hard because I don't like to wait.  After the 3 days, I seasoned the chalkboard.  Using the side of the chalk, rub it all over the surface.  Then take a wet cloth and wipe it clean.


Now it's all clean and we're ready to write.  Ignore all the junk in the pantry.  I need to do some major organizing in there.


Now I have a place I can write the menu down for everyone to see.  I can even use it to make notes or jot down things I know we need from the store.


I think I made good use of the inside of the pantry door.  When the door is closed, no one will ever know it's there.
 

Now that I know how easy it is to make a chalkboard, I may be changing up some more things around the house.



Sharing with
Between Naps on the Porch * Creatively Living * Under the Table and Dreaming * It's So Very Cheri * Keeping It Simple * Lines Across * Marvelously Messy * Sew Can Do * Skip to My Lou * Thrifty Decor Chick * A Bowl Full of Lemons * Homecoming * My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia * Home Stories A to Z * Homework * Ladybug Blessings * New Nostalgia * Not Just a Housewife * Sugar Bee Crafts * The Gunny Sack * The Winthrop Chronicles * Tiny Sidekick * DIY by Design * Ginger Snap Crafts * Life With the Crust Cut Off * Handy Man Crafty Woman * Seven Thirty Three * Sew Much Ado * Simply Designing * Someday Crafts * The Dedicated House * A Glimpse Inside * A Creative Princess * Embracing Change * It Happens In a Blink * The Shabby Nest * House of Rose * Chic on a Shoestring Decorating * Just Us Four * Remodelaholic * The 36th Avenue * The Answer is Chocolate * The Grant Life * Truly Lovely * Classy Clutter * Tatertots and Jello *

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top