The year is more than halfway over so I thought I would review some of the projects I've completed so far.


In my plans for 2012 post, I told you I wanted to do a major change to the kitchen.  We did this by installing a tile back splash and painting the cabinets with a Rustoleum Cabinet Transformation kit.  The change was a total success.  The changes made our kitchen look like a completely different one.  It was weird for the first few days walking in and seeing the change.


The dining room has gotten a few changes as well.  I started by finally getting a rug for under the table at Ikea.  More updates included new curtains on the windows, I removed the painted chandelier and a new chandelier went in, and my DIY sunburst mirror was made.  I would say it's close to completion but I am trying to find a way to put in a buffet table under the mirror.  It might be a tight fit with the table.


The family room was empty for a while until we bought new furniture.  It really brightened up the space to get a lighter colored sectional and chevron pillows.


We painted the master bathroom and framed out the mirrors.  We're a few steps closer to getting our spa retreat.  The color is more soothing than the light tan that was there before.  I still want to change out the vanity lights and put some art over the tub.
 

I made a nailhead pinboard and striped curtains for the office.  The red in the curtains and the artwork give the gray walls a fun pop of color and excitement.


There have even been a few smaller projects like a kitchen command center, paint chip art, and West Elm inspired decorating spheres.  Small projects can have a big impact on a room.

Seems like 2012 is flying by on a jet.  I have so many projects on my to-do list.  I wonder if my plans for 2012 will get done.  If not, we've worked hard on what we have done.  I'm proud that we're working together to make this house our home. 

Have you completed any projects on your goal list for 2012?

 

Sharing with

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top