The back entry from the garage has been a sore spot for me for the last year.  The kids' back packs always ended up here.  That's fine but they were always hanging on the closet door knobs.  I knew at some point I would have to do something about it.  The door knobs would only take so much.  I told my husband about my plan and he was on board.

 

Using the same technique as the front entry board and batten, I created this in the back entry.  It was fairly simple since I knew what to expect from the last time around.

Here's where things started on Friday night.


 And now...

 



I knew I wanted hooks here.  That was the main goal of adding the molding.  I wanted the hooks to be modern and simple.  I searched several places but ended up with these sleek nickel hooks from Ikea.  They were small and exactly what I needed.  I didn't want anything too big and stick out too far from the wall since this was a hallway.  The open door to the right is the laundry room and facing this wall is a closet.



Now this back hallway has function and looks good.  The kids can take off their back packs now and throw them on a hook.  They are no longer in the floor or hanging on my door knobs.  I love walking in and seeing this wall.

 
You're reading Board and Batten in the Back Entry by Andrea, originally posted on Decorating Cents.  If you've enjoyed this post, be sure to follow Andrea on Facebook, Pinterest, Bloglovin, and Hometalk.

Sharing with
Delineate Your Dwelling * DIY Showoff * Under the Table and Dreaming * Between Naps on the Porch * Creatively Living * Keeping It Simple * Sew Can Do * Skip to my Lou * It's So Very Cheri * The Girl Creative * My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia * A Bowl Full of Lemons * A Stroll Thru Life * Elizabeth and Co * Home Stories A to Z * Homework * Ladybug Blessings * Tiny Sidekick * New Nostalgia * The Gunny Sack * The Winthrop Chronicles * I Heart Organizing * Just Us Four * Liz Marie Blog * The 36th Avenue * The Answer is Chocolate * The Grant Life * The Shabby Nest * Tatertots and Jello * Thrifty Decor Chick *

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top