I've been wanting to do this project for a while but never got around to it.  I can't believe it took me so long because it's super easy.  This is a fun and colorful clipboard that you can customize to any style with scrapbook paper.


I picked up a clipboard from the Dollar Tree.  I also used: 
scrapbook paper
mod podge
foam brush
scissors


I first traced the outside of the clipboard and cut it out.  I traced on the back of the paper so my pencil line wouldn't be seen on the pretty side of the paper.  I cut it out a tiny bit smaller than the actual shape of the clipboard to it wouldn't hang over the edge.  I also had to cut out space for the metal clip at the top.


I then brushed on a layer of mod podge on the clipboard.  I carefully placed my scrapbook paper on the clipboard and smoothed out any bubbles in the paper.  I wanted the final product to be smooth and bumpless.  Next, I brushed a layer of mod podge on top of the paper.  This layer went on top to bottom.  After this layer dried, I did another but this time I painted left to right.  I think this method makes the appearance of lines less noticeable when it dries.


Just the start of the accessories on my daughter's desk.  Yeah, we finally bought her a desk.  I'll show you soon.  A few more things I want to add first.
 

The clipboard is a good way for her to be able to write without destroying the finish on the top of the desk.  I was also thinking about a desk pad but they're never that attractive and tend to be bulky.  Using the scrapbook paper allowed her to choose a color and pattern she wanted.  Of course it was pink that day but tomorrow could be blue.
 


I'm working on styling her desk.  Not like it will stay that way though.  She's requested another clipboard with a different pattern and I think I may do one for myself.  

Such an easy project right?  With all the paper patterns out there, the possibilities are endless.

  
You're reading Easy DIY Clipboard by Andrea, originally posted on Decorating Cents.  If you've enjoyed this post, be sure to follow Andrea on Facebook, Pinterest, Bloglovin, and Hometalk.

Sharing with
Home Stories from A to Z * My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia * I Heart Organizing * Just Us Four * Liz Marie Blog * The 36th Avenue * The Answer is Chocolate * The Grant Life * The Shabby Nest * Tatertots and Jello * Thrifty Decor Chick *

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top