The nursery is coming along great but I still wasn't sure about storage.  I showed you several ideas and was so certain I would end up choosing baskets.  Guess again.


Hubby and I were in Home Depot and he mentioned the wooden crates again.  We asked around to see where they would be.  The associate directed us to the store entry and there they were.  The good part, they were marked down to $5.00 a piece.  


Originally I was thinking of painting them orange but then thought that maybe I already had enough orange in the room.  I decided to just stain them.  That way if I was to change the room's colors later on, I wouldn't have to re-paint them.

I gave them a good sand to get rid of the rough spots and edges.  I applied a coat of Minwax Dark Walnut stain and let the crates dry.  They had to sit out in the garage for a while.  The smell of stain is intoxicating.  After they were dry, I brought them upstairs.



I picked up this cute little guy at Target.
 

This is the perfect drop spot for toys and books.  I thought about adding wheels to them but we'll see how it goes when he gets older.   

Check out other projects from the nursery

 

Sharing with
Savvy Southern Style * DIY by Design * Clean and Scentsible * Domestically Speaking * Ginger Snap Crafts * Southern Lovely * Lil Luna * Handy Man Crafty Woman * Primp * Sew Much Ado * Someday Crafts * House of Hepworths * Bear Rabbit Bear * A Glimpse Inside * Fireflies and Jellybeans * The 36th Avenue * Chic on a Shoestring Decorating * Five Days Five Ways * Serenity You * I Heart Naptime * It's Overflowing * Tatertots and Jello * View Along The Way * CRAFT * Lines Across * Uncommon Designs * That's What Che Said * Creatively Living * DIY Showoff * Making The World Cuter * Under The Table and Dreaming * Home Stories A to Z * Not Just a Housewife * My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia * The Gunny Sack * A Bowl Full of Lemons * Crafty Confessions * Homework * Lolly Jane * New Nostalgia * Thrifty Decor Chick *

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top