I am loving the new family room.  I told you a couple weeks ago that we sold the old furniture to make way for some new stuff.  We bought a new sectional and I think we are all loving it.  It is larger than the old one and we all have so much room now when we're lounging.  It has deep and comfy seating.



I love the modern tufting of the pillows.  It's also a plus that all the pillows are attached.  No more fixing pillows.  The sectional is also a lighter shade than the old one and lightens up the space a little.  I never realized how dark the old one was before.
 

I'm temporarily using the ottoman from the entryway until I find a larger one.  This one is kind of wimpy in this space.



A new floor lamp in this corner from Target.  Takes up less space and I like that it gives the corner some height.
 

I love the wood trim around the bottom.  Another favorite feature is that both ends have arms.  This gives it more seating as the old sectional had a chaise on one side and didn't allow the person sitting there to lean back and relax.
 


This table used to be in the corner.  I moved it to the end to balance the floor lamp on the other side.  On it sits a Homegoods lamp, a picture of my daughter, a few books, and an Ikea plant. 




I like how this end looks finished now.  Still debating on getting a larger side table since it sits in the open now.  It was perfect for the corner but now might be too small.
 

You may notice I pulled one of the chairs from the living room to see how it would fit here.  It's not permanent here but I may find the same chair in a different print.  I've also seen a few arm chairs I like.  The old sectional had a matching over-sized chair that I loved and it was so comfortable so I'm also open to another if I see one.  The little round ottoman found its way in here too.  Once I find a larger middle ottoman, this little guy will go back to its home.




 What do you think?  I think we'll be happy with this piece for a while right hubby?

 

Sharing with
Under the Table and Dreaming * The DIY Showoff * Its Overflowing * Positively Splendid * Tatertots and Jello * Homemaker on a Dime * I Heart Naptime * Be Colorful * Between Naps on the Porch * Keeping It Simple * Lines Across * Making the World Cuter * Sew Chatty * So Creative * Sumo's Sweet Stuff * DIY Home Sweet Home * The Gunny Sack * The House in the Roses * Three Mango Seeds * Chef in Training * Home Stories A to Z * Confessions of a Stay at Home Mommy * Tough Cookie Mommy * Funky Polka Dot Giraffe * My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia * New Nostalgia * Not Just a Housewife * Project Queen * Reasons to Skip the Housework * Sweet Little Gals * The Blackberry Vine * Savvy Southern Style * DIY by Design * Ginger Snap Crafts * Clean and Scentsible * Blue Cricket Design * Junk In Their Trunk * Lil Luna * Organize and Decorate Everything * Primp * Southern Lovely * House of Hepworths * A Glimpse Inside * Bear Rabbit Bear * Delightful Order * Fireflies and Jellybeans * Momnivore's Dilemma * Somewhat Simple * The 36th Avenue * The Shabby Creek Cottage * Happy Hour Projects * 504 Main * Addicted to Decorating * At The Picket Fence * Chic on a Shoestring Decorating * Sassy Sites * Fingerprints on the Fridge * Five Days Five Ways * Home Is Where My Story Begins * Lovely Crafty Home * Remodelaholic * Simple Home Life * Simply Designing * Truly Lovely * Home Savvy A to Z * Thrifty Decor Chick * Kelly's Korner *
Remodelaholic
Thrifty Decor Chick

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top