I've always had a hard time finding light bulbs that I like. Regular incandescent, soft white bulbs are always too yellow to me. I've tried bulbs that claimed to be more like outside light and I didn't like them either because they were too blue almost fluorescent. They were nothing like natural outside light. So, in lamps and overhead lights I've gone to clear lights. They are brighter and less yellow than regular bulbs.   Brighter lighting tends to make me feel happier and energetic.  When the room is dim, it feels dreary and the moods seem to be gloomier. 

Lighting is important for me. We use lamps instead of overhead lights at night and I hesitate to take pictures then because I know the pictures are going to be so yellow and look horrible.

GE contacted me about trying their new Reveal Light Bulbs.  I was skeptical to try the GE bulbs at first because of my dealings with others. I decided to try the bulbs in the entry hall. 

The before with a regular soft white incandescent bulb is on the left.  The picture comes out yellow and the surrounding wall color looks different than in real life.  The right is with the GE bulb. Can you see the difference?  After putting it in, I immediately noticed the difference. The lighter is whiter and not yellow. 

 
About the new GE Reveal Light Bulbs. 
  • It is the same size and shape of a regular incandescent light bulb but has a brighter, whiter light and filters out dull yellow rays.
  • These GE energy-efficient reveal bulbs fill rooms with clean light while using 28% less energy than regular incandescent bulbs.
  • The halogen technology inside delivers outstanding energy efficiency, helping save money on energy.
 

In January 2014, manufacturers will begin phasing out the regular incandescent bulbs.  This new GE bulb will be a great transition to brighter and better colors throughout your home.

Check out Target's Cartwheel app for 25% off your purchase of GE Reveal light bulbs.  Just search "GE reveal" to find it.  Offer expires 2/28.

*I received this product to review for free but the views and opinions expressed are my own.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top