I've been wanting some "EAT" letters in my kitchen but just haven't gotten around to buying them.  I saw this on Pinterest one day and pinned it to my project board.  I could do that.  I have cardboard laying around and paper mache is easy, I think.  It's been a while.

I started by choosing a font I liked in Word and made the letters really big.  I cut them out and traced them onto cardboard.  Remember, you need the front and back of the letters.



Cut strips of a cereal box to create the depth of your letters and tape to the front and back.



After constructing, it's time to paper mache.  I mixed one cup of water with one cup of flour.  Rip some newspaper into strips, I used a phonebook.  Dip the newspaper into the mixture and cover your letters.  Allow to dry completely.  I only used one layer but you could do another if you feel like it.


After my letters were dry, I painted them with red craft paint.






Voila!  Some DIY for the kitchen.  Think of all the letters you could make.

 

Sharing with
Under the Table and Dreaming * Making The World Cuter * The DIY Showoff * It's Overflowing * Positively Splendid * Tatertots and Jello * Lines Across * Home Savvy A to Z * Tough Cookie Mommy * Homemaker on a Dime * I Heart Naptime * Be Colorful * Between Naps on the Porch * CRAFT * Craftomaniac * Keeping it Simple * Marvelously Messy * Mad in Crafts * Sew Can Do * Sew Chatty * Skip to My Lou * Sumo's Sweet Stuff * DIY Home Sweet Home * Today's Creative Blog * A Bowl Full of Lemons * Chef in Training * Confessions of a Stay at Home Mommy * Funky Polka Dot Giraffe * Giggles Glitz and Glam * Home Stories A to Z * Kammy's Korner * My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia * Not Just a Housewife * Project Queen * Reasons To Skip The Housework * Strictly Homemade * Type A Decorating * Southern Lovely * Ginger Snap Crafts * Savvy Southern Style * DIY by Design * Clean and Scentsible * House of Hepworths * Bear Rabbit Bear * Remodelaholic * The Shabby Nest * Chic on a Shoestring Decorating * Singing Three Little Birds * Young House Love * Bower Power * Ten June * Centsational Girl *

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top