I wanted to add some of the ever popular chevron to my decor.  A throw pillow seemed right since it's small and if I didn't like it I can easily change it.  So me being me, I decided to DIY my own cover.  I bought some acrylic paint and fabric medium from Michael's.  The fabric medium is supposed to make the paint washable.  We'll see.  Onward.


Supplies used:
acrylic paint
fabric medium
fabric
chevron template
foam brush
contact paper

I used a chevron template from here and traced it onto my contact paper.  After tracing, I cut each strip of chevron and applied them to the fabric.



I mixed 2 parts paint with 1 part fabric medium.  I used black paint since I think some black and white would be a good contrast to the other colors in the room.



I started painting.  It was fairly easy but took me several coats to fill in all the white spots.



I tried being patient and wait for the paint to dry but couldn't.  I just had to pull the template off.



Looks ok right?  Yeah until you get up close.  The lines aren't as crisp as I would like them to be and there was some bleeding in areas.  Maybe it's the perfectionist in me.  I thought I pushed down all the edges of the paper.  Guess not.  Not sure if I'm going to use this piece for my pillow or start again.  I don't want my guests looking all hard at my pillow and scrunch their noses cause my chevron lines are crooked.  Feel me?  I know next time to use a foam roller instead of brush.  I had to blot with the brush and wasn't smooth but also I think it probably took longer this way.  Back to the drawing board.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top