I'm a big of HGTV.  Who isn't?  Every year they come out with homes that are designed to the max and this year they are featuring a Smart Home.  It boasts the latest in technology with eco-friendly features and is energy efficient.  This new home was built in Nashville, TN.


Exterior - Beautiful!


Foyer - The hallway opens up to the dining room, great room, and master bedroom.


I love the blue door.


Dining Room - A big pop of red when you walk in the house.  The color red is supposed to increase the appetite.  Remember that next time you go to dinner at your favorite restaurant.



The sliding barn doors are a neat touch.  I like that you can shut the doors for privacy if you need to.




Butler's Pantry - I don't have a butler but this little nook is really nice.  It sits between the kitchen and the dining room.  It also has a built in stainless steel wine cooler.  I really like the light gray cabinets.


Kitchen - Very blue but very pretty.


Check out the breakfast bar with TV.  I could watch my favorite cooking shows while preparing our meals.  Yeah right! The shelves are so neatly organized.


Laundry Room - Again, I like the light gray cabinets.  I wish I had a sink in our laundry room.


Great Room - I like the blues around the room with the green accents thrown in.



Master Bedroom - Very neutral and pretty but a little too much of the same pattern for me.


I do like the sitting area at the foot of the bed.


Master Bathroom - It has the same color palette as the bedroom.


I do like the tile surround shower.


Basement Rec Room - I absolutely could live in this space.  I love the dark, open ceiling and bright accent colors.


It has a projector screen that retracts from the ceiling for movie watching.  I'll take two of those gray chevron chairs please.


Kid's Bedroom - They used warmer tones and woods to make it a more teen room.


The daybed against the window is a cool feature.  It provides extra sleeping for those overnight guests.


Kid's Bathroom


Kid's Den - Every kid needs this space right?  It's perfect for keeping the kids and their friends contained in one room.  I love the blue board and batten wall treatment.  It's the same blue as the kitchen cabinets.  There is also blue piping on the sofa.  The painting brings all the colors in the room together.  Hmmm, maybe we could pull this off in our loft.  Oh, honey...


Guest Bedroom - This room definitely has a calmer vibe than any other room in the house yet it is still fun and colorful.

 
Guest Bathroom - It has the same floor to ceiling black subway tiles as the kid's bathroom.


I think the designers did an awesome job with this house.  They came up with some great designs that I would have never thought to do.  My only concern is that the house only has three bedrooms.  With us having two kids, we are already out of space for an office or guest room. 

Could you see yourself living here?  Would you move if you won?  One lucky person wins the house, a Lincoln MKZ, and $100,000 cash.  A prize valued over $1,000,000!  What a nice vacation house it would be.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top