YAY!!!  It's finally done.  It's taken me a little while but only because some parts of this room had me stumped.  I didn't realize just how much space I had to fill before I started.  My daughter loves it so all the hard work has paid off.




We started by painting the wall a fun shade of green.  The color is Japanese Fern by Behr.

I found the bedding at Target and used the comforter as my color palette.  Above the bed is the name art I showed you here.  They are white letters covered with scrapbook paper.  I added a wooden butterfly I got at Ross.  I decided to leave the bookshelf on the side of the bed.  It gives her more storage.  I just told her the headboard opens on top so let's see what I find in there.  The pink rug is a Walmart find.


The lighting is a DIY project that I showed you here.  It is a paper lantern with adhesive butterflies attached.  The butterfly wall decals are from the Dollar Tree.



At the foot of the bed is a pink crate I found at Walmart.  She can throw her stuffed animals in there.  Before they were all crowding the bookshelf.


I made a few changes to the dresser.  I made a sunburst mirror using a round mirror from Michael's and wooden skewers.  It is painted using Valspar Mediterranean.  I changed out the previous lamp base with a new, slimmer one.  It was a baby pink lamp from the thrift store that I painted white and used the same shade from the old lamp.  The 'smile' is from Michael's that I painted pink.  The butterfly frame is from the Dollar Tree that I spray painted the same color as the mirror.   



I found a wooden stool at the Goodwill and painted it white.  She can now reach into her top drawer without standing on her tip toes.




I dressed the window using basic white curtains from Target and added some pink ribbon to the top. 


I kept the small table and added some colored pencils and sketchpad to give her an art center.  I now find her just sitting there creating a masterpiece.  Now I have to figure out a place to keep all her work.  She has quite the portfolio.   










We finally got the TV off the floor.  I don't think it mattered much to my daughter but it was bugging me.  I bought a basic TV stand from Target and primed and painted it white to match the other furniture.  Now there's a place for those pesky remotes and her growing movie collection.  She can change the DVD now without knocking the DVD player off the TV.  Oh how I hated that.



Above the TV are some floating mesh butterflies.  I wanted them to look like they were escaping from behind the TV.  




I showed you how I made these no-sew pillows here.  Along with some painted spice racks turned bookshelves from Ikea, they make up her reading spot.


The feature of this wall is the gallery.  It took several frames and prints to cover this wall.  


I kept her Ikea storage unit in place since it houses most of her small toys.  I also kept the kitchen out.  She plays with it on a regular basis and I really didn't see another place to put it.


I know we all like them, so let's play before and after.




How about a few before and afters...






It was fun creating a fun space for my daughter.  She actually likes to hang out in her room now.  All the colors reflect her personality and creativity.  What do you think?  You like?  Thanks for hanging in there.


Linking up at
Dittle Dattle * Under the Table and DreamingRaising Memories * Nifty Thrifty Things * Making the World Cuter * Homemaker on a Dime * Keeping it Simple * C.R.A.F.T. * Sew Chatty * So Creative * Craftomaniac * It's So Very Cheri * Tough Cookie Mommy * My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia * Crafty Confessions * Today's Creative Blog * Not Just a Housewife * Coastal Charm * Tip Junkie * A Bowl Full of Lemons * Bella Before and After * A Diamond in the Stuff   The Gunny Sack * Savvy Southern Style * Blue Cricket Design * DIY by Design * Southern Lovely * Hookin up with Hepworths * Bear Rabbit Bear * The Shabby Creek Cottage * Kreative Korner * Frugalicious Me * Remodelaholic * The Shabby Nest * Chic on a Shoestring Decorating * Sassy Sites * Just a Girl * Tatertots and Jello * The DIY Showoff * Thrifty Decor Chick * Clean and Scentsible * Primitive and Proper * The 36th Avenue * Growing Up Gardner * Running with Glitter * The Thrifty Home * My Girlish Whims * Sweet Peas and Bumblebees * Primp * Ginger Snap Crafts * Playful Decor * Addicted to Decorating * Simple Home Life * Naptime Crafters * Five Days Five Ways * Domestically Speaking * One Project Closer * Emily A. Clark *


Roomspiration

Visit thecsiproject.com




Thrifty Decor Chick

Supporting Habitat for Humanity

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top