I was going back and forth on whether I wanted a mobile for the nursery.  Sure they're cute and all but I don't remember my daughter being over excited for hers when she was a baby.  I was doing a Pinterest search for nurseries and came across several DIY versions.  

There is this one with just circles that is cute.



I also happened to come across this one.  It was the same concept but used elephants instead.  I love it and it totally goes with the bedding.


I knew I could make my own version. (please excuse the night time photography)


I headed to Michael's to get some scrapbook paper and an embroidery hoop.


I found an elephant shape that I liked online, printed it out, and traced onto my scrapbook paper.  When tracing, I made two mirror copies, one for the front and one for the back.




To attach my elephants to the string I layed right side down and put a drop of glue with my string down the middle.  Lay the other side on top to secure.



I randomly put them on a string but making sure I had some that were long and some that were short.  Once you have all your strings ready, it's time to attach them to the hoop.


I stained my hoop dark since I had it on hand.  I positioned the string on the hoop and used a dot of hot glue to hold it on.


Once all my strings were attached, I tied more string in a criss cross across the top.  I tied one long string in the middle of them and attached to the ceiling with a push pin.
 




Yay!  Another project down.  Have you tried a mobile yet?

Check out other projects from the nursery


 

Sharing with
Ginger Snap Crafts * Clean and Scentsible * Young House Love * Decor and the Dog * The Remodeled Life * DIY by Design * Savvy Southern Style * Southern Lovely * Someday Crafts * Bower Power * House of Hepworths * Five Days Five Ways * The Shabby Nest * Chic on a Shoestring Decorating * View Along the Way * CRAFT * Lines Across * That's What Che Said * Uncommon Designs * Creatively Living * DIY Showoff * I Heart Naptime * Thrifty Decor Chick * A Bowl Full of Lemons * Home Stories A to Z * The Gunny Sack *

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top