We've decided on gray walls for the nursery.  After going through so many samples of blues and grays, it was hard for me to find the perfect blue gray that I wanted.  I saw several examples of colors I liked but once I saw them in person, they weren't quite right.  They were either too blue,  too purple, or too green.  So I went with my second choice of gray.  I chose to go with Silver Sateen from Behr.  It's a light gray that will be the perfect backdrop for the bright colors I want to use in the room.

With that said, here's how the plan has changed from previous versions.  I was able to find an orange chevron rug from Urban Outfitters that I love.  Since it was on sale, I decided to grab a few more colors just to have a few options to play around with.  Sometimes I can't resist a sale.  If they don't work for the nursery, they may end up somewhere else in the house.  After making a list of all the things I want in the room, the large Hemnes dresser is no longer an option.  It was just more money than I was willing to pay.  I have now decided on the smaller, three drawer option.


Paint - Behr Silver Sateen
Rug - Urban Outfitters
Chair - Ikea
Pouf - Target
Bedding - Target
Crib - Target
Dresser - Ikea
Shelf - Ikea
Art - will be DIY
Chandelier - will be DIY
  
Here is the same setup but with a gray rug and orange pouf.  I like the rug, but it may be too much gray and fall flat into the floor.

http://www.polyvore.com/nursery02/set?id=68965812

Now that I have a plan, let's get to work. 


 

Sharing with
The Shabby Nest * Chic on a Shoestring Decorating * The 36th Avenue * Craft Junkie Too * Five Days Five Ways * Happy Hour Projects * Just Us Four * Lovely Crafty Home * Simple Home Life * Simply Designing * The Answer is Chocolate *

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top